MKEC is seeking a qualified Sr. Protection & Control (P&C) Engineer to join our team in our Wichita office.
- Electrical Engineering bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Kansas preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years in Relay Protection & Control design experience.
- Skilled at developing protection philosophies and schemes/zones of protection.
- Must be able to develop design packages for various protection schemes.
- Skilled at using industry-specific software including AutoCAD, MathCAD, ETAP, Aspen One-Liner, etc.
- Knowledge of various vendor software including SEL, ABB, and GE relay programming software.
- Ability to learn and efficiently use new software as required.
- Awareness of industry codes and standards for P&C design/requirements including IEEE, IEC, NESC, RUS standards, and other industry standards.
- Experience in developing protection settings and schemes for various equipment typical in the Electric Utility industry including Substation, Distribution, Generation and Transmission systems is required.
- Able to manage multiple projects within deadlines.
- Ability to use office administrative and collaboration software (MS Office, Teams, etc.).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Occasional travel for site visits and client meetings may be required.
- Responsible for relay protection and control engineering associated with medium to high voltage projects – 2.4kV thru 345kV
- Perform analysis and calculations necessary to develop protection & control design packages successfully.
- Create design criteria and material specifications appropriate for the designs, integrating client supplied standards and requirements.
- Develop one-lines, three-lines, schematic diagrams, wiring and connection diagrams.
- Use relay protection principles and practices for the development of relay protection philosophies and establishing zones of protection utilizing electro-mechanical, solid-state and microprocessor relays.
- Routinely develop relaying setting files using vendor specific software packages for various types of microprocessor-based relays.
- Develop conceptual/feasibility studies, cost estimating, development of design drawings, material specifications, bill of materials, bid documents, relay settings, coordination studies, etc.
- Continual interaction with internal team members as well as external facing vendors and/or Clients
MKEC offers a competitive compensation package in addition to the following benefits:
- Group Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Disability Insurance – Short & Long-Term
- Life Insurance / AD&D
- Flex Spending Account
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing Pension
- YMCA Reduced Membership
- YMCA Wellness Coach
MKEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer